Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Flank steak with savory filling inside.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 cups soft bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage (or tyme)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or 1 tsp. instant)
- Score flank steak on each side at 1 inch intervals.
- In large bowl combine bread cubes, onion, celery, parsley, sage, salt & pepper, wine and mix well.
- Place stuffing down center of meat and roll up, working from the long side, and tie with cooking twine.
- In a dutch oven or large pan, brown the meat in the hot oil.
- Add 2 cups water and boullion.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs until tender.
- Slice across grain and serve with juices.