Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
A quick, tasty, and satisfying pasta dish.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Boil the pasta until done.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper with the chicken.
- Continue to cook and stir 5-7 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the broth and spinach then cook until spinach is wilted and chicken is done.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot drained pasta and toss well.
- Top with cheese and parsley then serve.
Good recipe, however I did "jazz" it up a bit, used four chicken breasts, diced, cooked two diced onions with the diced red bell pepper until the onions were browned, tossed the chicken with some flour/salt/pepper/thyme, then cooked in the pan, added the onion/peppers, added the mushrooms, then a large can of diced tomatoes, a bit of white wine and tons of spinach at the very end .
Made a cream sauce using: butter/with two cloves of garlic, then added some flour to make a rue, then added chicken stock, then added non fat half and half, cooked a bit, then added thyme, salt/pepper, cooked until it was thick and then added about a cup or parmesan cheese.
Made this recipe as is. It was okay but we found it kind of bland. Added extra cheese, garlic, peppers and onions. It was good, but needs additional seasoning to really make it great.
I wish I had of read the reviews before making this. I would probably add what other reviewers had suggested or added sundried tomatoes, more garlic or a prepared pesto to it for a punch of flavor. I'll be making this again but will make additions to it next time. It was overall a good, filling dish that made tons. I had some the next two days for lunch and it was even better after the flavors had blended. Love the way it was quick to make too.