Recipe by Deb's Recipes
A quick, tasty, and satisfying pasta dish.
Top Review by JHeffner
Good recipe, however I did "jazz" it up a bit, used four chicken breasts, diced, cooked two diced onions with the diced red bell pepper until the onions were browned, tossed the chicken with some flour/salt/pepper/thyme, then cooked in the pan, added the onion/peppers, added the mushrooms, then a large can of diced tomatoes, a bit of white wine and tons of spinach at the very end .
Made a cream sauce using: butter/with two cloves of garlic, then added some flour to make a rue, then added chicken stock, then added non fat half and half, cooked a bit, then added thyme, salt/pepper, cooked until it was thick and then added about a cup or parmesan cheese.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the pasta until done.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper with the chicken.
- Continue to cook and stir 5-7 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the broth and spinach then cook until spinach is wilted and chicken is done.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot drained pasta and toss well.
- Top with cheese and parsley then serve.