Recipe by tomoko matsunaga
I was looking for the recipe of spaghetti bolognese last night for tonight's tea and found nice recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 small carrot, pared and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes or 1 (400 g) can fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil or 3 leaves chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion; saut until soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up meat into fine pieces, until meat loses its raw colour, about 6 minutes (do not brown).
- Stir carrot and celery into meat mixture; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook until wine is evaporated, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in milk and nutmeg; reduce heat to medium and cook until milk is evaporated'3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Press tomatoes and their liquid through sieve into bowl; discard seeds.
- Stir sieved tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, salt and seasonings into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid had evaporated and sauce is thick, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Just before serving time, cook spaghetti in large kettle of boiling salted water just until al dente, 8-12 minutes; drain well.
- Ladle meat sauce over spaghetti and sprinkle cheese on top!