Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dad taught me how to make this, and I have adapted it. He lived with an Italian family, who taught him
- 1 lb minced steak
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 pint red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper or Worcestershire sauce
- Gently fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil until transparent.
- Add the minced meat and fry until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently simmer for approximately half an hour.