Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using fewer habanero peppers can reduce the spiciness in this extremely hot habanero hot sauce. The sauce works wonders as a pick-up for Bloody Mary drinks. Flavors meld wonderfully and the sauce keeps nicely for a long time. WARNING: A DASH IS ALL YOU NEED! IT IS BEST TO USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING THE HABANERO PEPPERS. Makes 64 Servings.
- 12 habanero peppers, seeded an chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place the peppers, peaches, molasses, mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar into the container of a food processor or blender. Measure in the salt, paprika, pepper, cumin, coriander, ginger and allspice. Blend until liquified. Pour into clean jars, and refrigerate overnight before using.
LOVE this hot sauce! I've been making it for years since I first found it on allrecipes. Co-workers insist I keep a bottle in the office fridge and request bottles to take home. Great topping on hot dogs, eggs, chili...everything.<br/><br/>I've also played with using canned papaya and mango instead of peaches.