Tom's Double Barrel Habanero Hot Sauces
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wear protective gloves when handling this pepper.
- Ready In:
- 12 medium habaneros, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add the carrots with a small amount of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Place the chilies, vinegar and lime juice in a blender and blend until peppers are finely minced.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrots and puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the stove and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into an empty hot sauce bottle. You'll get about 4 ounces.
- This is a fiery hot sauce that you need to use with care.
- Place the ingredients that were strained out into a jar and refrigerate.
- It will have the consistency of finely grated horseradish and the flavor of habanero fruit.
- I love this on just about everything.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION