Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another recipe from Nee's recipe box. I love finding these that we haven't made in years but that I still remember like she made them last week.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 9 inches pie shells, baked
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer 1 cup blueberries with water for 4 minutes.
- Mix dried cornstarch with sugar then add salt, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Cook until thick and translucent.
- Mix gently with remaining blueberries and pour into baked 9" pie shell.
- Chill for one hour and top with whipped cream, if desired, before serving.