Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If blueberries are in youve got to try this recipe-it's so loaded with blueberries it's for blueberry lovers only!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 cups blueberries, washed and stemed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set aside.
- With an electric mixer in a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 3-4 minutes.
- Turn down to low and add the egg and vanilla.
- When well combines alternately add the flour mixture and milk.
- Turn off mixer and gently fold in berries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle topping generously over cake.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out batter free.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- After 30 minutes slide a knife around the edges to loosen and remove side.
- To make Topping: In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or a fork, not your hands, until fine crumbs form.
- Now use your hands to form some large clumps.
- You can make this a day or two before making the the blueberry crumble, just store covered in the fridge.
This recipie was great. I served it warm from the oven with a little vanila bean ice cream and it was delicious!
While a quick read of the ingredients will tell you that this will be great tasting, the baking instructions leave much to be desired. Eg. Step 9,"sprinkle topping ..." What topping? Step 13 "mix the dry ingredient tog ..." again, which dry ingredients. Step 16. "You can make this ..." what?? By definition a good recipe will have clear and concise directions. There ought not be ANY discrepancies or ambiguities. This recipe is rife with errors including the startling name change from crumble to buckle. Thanks anyway.