Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a popular salad served at the Marshall Field's restaurants. It makes a nice main dish for a summertime picnic because it is mayo free. Also, this is an excellent main course for a luncheon. Your family and friends will enjoy the unique combination of blueberries and rosemary in this dish.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 baked chicken breast halves
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts or 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Roast boneless, skinless, chicken breasts at 350 degrees till cooked through. Tear meat into bite-size pieces to make 3 cups.
- If using hazlenuts, toast in oven and remove skin. Coarsely chop the nuts used.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, shallot, honey, fresh lime juice (do not substitute with concentrate), salt, pepper and rosemary. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Cut apple into 1/4 inch slices and grapes in half. Carefully pick thru blueberries to remove stems.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apple, grapes, blueberries, nuts, and blue cheese and toss well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
I'm trying to lose weight, so I served this salad without the blue cheese, and on a bed of baby spinach leaves. It was excellent! So colorful, unique and good for you!
Absolutely wonderful! The combination of flavours are beautiful together, the cheese, the rosemary, the nuts. I followed the recipe exactly and used toasted hazelnuts, a buckwheat honey, and a Danish blue cheese. Thanks so much for an amazing lunch.
Loved this salad. Made half a recipe for the two of us and we both loved it. The dressing with the blue cheese was outstanding. I added Romaine and leaf lettuce as I only had one chicken breast. Will make this again soon as the blueberries and grapes are so good this year.