Low Fat Mandarin Chicken Salad
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, torn into pieces and loosely packed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and salted
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mandarin oranges, packed in juice and drained
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 light mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken breasts in pot of boiling water; reduce heat, cover pot and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Once it's thoroughly cooked, remove chicken from pot, cool meat and then dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in medium bowl and mix well with electric mixer until blended. Chill dressing before serving.
- While dressing chills, combine all salad ingredients in large bowl. Toss dressing into salad or serve dressing on side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a native Californian, born in the Los Angeles area, college in far northern California and now living in southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area. I love kids and animals. I am an active volunteer at my two teenage daughters' high school as well as a Girl Scout leader. We have two guinea pigs, one Dalmatian, one cockatiel, and one quarter-horse to keep us busy. I had a career as a marketing writer before I became a full-time mom and volunteer, but I still write all the time as well as participate in a monthly book club. I stay active and have Jazzercized for over 25 years on a regular basis. I also am trying to do some yoga now and ride horses for fun. I have loved getting involved in the RecipeZaar games and learning how to post the photos. I am currently playing on the Zaar World Tour and it is lots of fun! Have been a sports fan since childhood and definitely have enjoyed getting to know about hockey since we have a very successful NHL franchise in our area: Go Sharks! <img src="http://static.flickr.com/1310/902139984_71e1ab56a5.jpg" width="399" height="270"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/nowsonexitmusic/bumbag5.gif?t=1211686551"> <img src="http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/CulinaryQueen/zaargroupie.gif" width="300" height="220"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/de.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/123hitwonders.jpg" width="399" height="150"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/holiday-tag2-copy.gif" width="399" height="140"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"width="290" height="140"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/fg.jpg" border="0" alt="F and G Swap">