Mandarin Chicken Salad
This is my adaptation of a popular fast food salad
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken
- 3 -4 cups salad greens
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained,reserve liquid
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup crispy chinese noodles
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mandarin orange liquid
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mix dressing and toss with salad.
- Serve at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Even though the salad was good, I didn't like it as much as the other copycat versions I've tried. I felt the dressing was way too oily. The vegetable oil could easily be cut to only 2 Tbls. in my opinion or maybe be replaced with mayonnaise. I interpreted the "yellow mustard" to mean dry mustard, not prepared because of the amount. The flavor of the dressing was good, just too heavy and oily.