Chicken & Blueberry Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
1 1/2 Cups
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli or 8 ounces radiatore
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool. Shred into bite-size strips.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, about 9 minutes or according to package directions. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place oil and shallot in a small skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Add broth, feta and lime juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the feta begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the bowl with the pasta. Add the dressing, blueberries, thyme, lime zest and salt and toss until combined.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
PLEASE RATE MY RECIPES!! :) My husband and I have been happily married for six years and we have two amazing children! I stay home with our son and daughter and stay busy in with local mom's groups and activities. I am a certified childbirth educator (bradleybirth.com) and also teach and supervise the Aqua Aerobic department at one of our local gyms. I am somewhat of a health nut/hippee and distribute whole food suppliments (morganlovesjuiceplus.com), but I love to bake and to share my baked goods. There is no better compliment than when some one takes a bite of my very own Chocolate Chip Cookies and says they are the best they've ever tasted! (Sorry, it's a secret recipe!) I would love to open my own bakery someday... I like to cook for my family too, and have become exceptionally motivated since our son was born. I have been finding myself getting swept away reading cookbooks (while the kids are sleeping). :) I am really enjoying trying new recipes (and so is my husband) and I think I am becomming a "Foodie" so Recipezaar is simply heaven for me! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/business/dashboard/" title="Miracles in the Making Childbirth Education and Support!" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Miracles in the Making Childbirth Education and Support</a><a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/d41d8cd9/" target="_TOP"><img src="http://badge.facebook.com/badge/0.0.1173522904.png" width="175" height="50" style="border: 0px;" /></a>