Recipe by Zewbiedoo
I've had this recipe for at least 15 years. It's a quick dessert!
Top Review by mindex
Great and easy recipe. I was a little surprised at the consistency of the mix going into the pie crust but it set up. It got rave reviews from the fam. Just what we needed for our chocolate fix. Thanks Zewbiedoo.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust or 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except egg whites and 3 Tablespoons sugar into blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds on high; scrape down any dry ingredients; blend 30 seconds more.
- Pour into unbaked piecrust and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or longer until set.
- Make meringue with the three egg whites by beating on high speed with a hand mixer while gradually adding 3 Tb sugar, until peaks form.
- Spread over pie and bake until golden.