Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I mix these spices together and keep in my spice rack. I make the blackened chicken and use for sandwiches, with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise, these are so yummy. Use as little or as much spice depending on how hot you like it.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Coat both sides of thawed chicken with butter. Reserve.
- Combine all seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- Coat both sides of chicken.
- Heat a heavy duty skillet until very hot, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter to grease the bottom.
- Sauté chicken over high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
The recipe is really great but the cooking directions for this are extremely dangerous! Putting "fat on the fire" can and will cause a kitchen fire, especially after getting a pan pipping hot. Please, anyone who makes this - be careful!
Yum!!! This was really good... I did make some changes though. I put the chicken and spices in a plastic baggy, shook it around, and stuck it in the skillet with some EVOO. I browned the chicken in the skillet, then finished off the cooking in the oven. Eliminated the smokiness and it was easy to take out of the oven and serve!
I made this with fettucini alfredo and it was AWESOME! A little spicy for some, but I like it that way.