Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The orange zest makes for a flavorful, not overly sweet scone
Make and share this Blackberry Orange Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Sift about 2 cups of flour onto a piece of waxed paper. Measure out 2 1/2 cups into mixing bowl. You want the flour sifted before you measure it.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and orange zest and mix lightly.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to dry mixture. Mix until crumbly.
- Add orange juice and slowly add milk mixing lightly until dough forms a ball.
- Turn ball out onto floured surface and kneed one or two times ONLY.
- Flatten dough and place frozen berries in middle.
- Pull up edges of dough and knead one more time to distribute berries.
- Pat into a circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake at 450 for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on rack.
I've attempted scones one other time and the recipe did not call for sifted flour - the outcome was a disaster! The sifted flour made all the difference I believe in keeping these scones "sconey"<br/><br/>These scones are barely sweet but the orange notes sweeten up the blackberries. <br/>I doubled the recipe with no problems.