Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
If you're on the west coast in August, this is what you will likely have for dessert.
Top Review by pacnw1
ok, but not a well-written or researched recipe. 1) no thickener was included (e.g. corn starch, tapioca powder, flour) so that the filling is much too liquidy, basically fruit and very runny juice 2) no casserole size or depth is indicated, so it's a guess 3) nothing is mentioned about whether the butter should be chilled or room temp 4) nothing is mentioned about the size of the apples or approx.how mnay cups there should be 5) there is no reference re: how to adjust the recipe if frozen blackberries are used 6) the cooking time is wrong: the correct time os more like 45-50 mins.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel apples and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix with the blackberries and place in a buttered casserole dish.
- Mix together the white sugar, cinnamon and T. flour and spoon over top.
- Next, mix together the cup of brown sugar, flour and butter until it is coarse and place on top of the fruit.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.