1/6 Photos of Black Forest Brownies
Okay, there are plenty of recipes for Black Forest Cake, but none for Black Forest Brownies! This is so easy! So here it is! The brownie mix should be enough to fit a 13"x9" pan(the size of the package is estimated). Adapted from Country Woman magazine. German, New England, West
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces fudge brownie mix (to fit 13'x9-inch pan)
- 1/2 cup oil (or follow package directions)
- 1/4 cup water (or follow package directions)
- 2 eggs (3 for a more cakey brownie, or follow package directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (or 2 oz. chocolate chips)
- 1Prepare and bake brownies, following pkg. directions, using a 13"x9" pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- 3In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 4Spread over the brownies. Top with pie filling.
- 5In a microwave or small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the brownies.
- 6Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set chocolate. Enjoy!
- 7Yield: 2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2948.1
- Calories from Fat 1410
- Total Fat 156.6 g
- Saturated Fat 55.0 g
- Cholesterol 390.5 mg
- Sodium 1305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 361.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 190.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g