Melanie Murray's Note:
These are delicious. They are a chocolate cream cheese lovers delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place paper baking cups in twelve 2 inch muffin pan cups.
- 3To make the filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- 4Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 5To make the cupcakes: combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, oil, water and vinegar until combined Gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
- 7Fill the prepared muffin cups one third full.
- 8Spoon heaping teaspoonsfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the chocolate batter in each cup.
- 9Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched.
- 10Remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bottom Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 469.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g