Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are delicious. They are a chocolate cream cheese lovers delight.
- 226.79 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking cups in twelve 2 inch muffin pan cups.
- To make the filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- To make the cupcakes: combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, oil, water and vinegar until combined Gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups one third full.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonsfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the chocolate batter in each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
I have been making these cupcakes for a few years now, and they are ALWAYS a hit. Only thing I do different is that I use regular white vinegar. I am not a very big chocolate fan, but I must say these cupcakes are simply DIVINE!!! Beware, though...they are addicting!!! Great recipe! ~Manda
I have noticed reading the different offerings of this recipe here at Zarr that there are many varriations. What a treat..trying out each one to see which fits the favorite catagory.. rough job, but someone has to do it, right?
Yum! I was a little worried when the batter seemed too watery, but these turned out great. I filled some cups 2/3 full w/ chocolate batter before adding the cream cheese and i think those came out better than those only filled 1/3 w/ chocolate batter. Using milk instead of water is a good suggestion from najwa.