Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a healthy salad with lots of fiber and flavor!
Make and share this Black Bean, Edamame and Wheat Berry Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml water
- 118.29 ml dry wheat berries
- 236.59 ml frozen edamame, without shells cooked and cooled
- 212.62 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 118.29 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Combine water and wheat berries in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 55 minutes or until tender.
- Place in strainer and run cool water over.
- Combine with rest of ingredients and refrigerate.
What a refreshing and beautiful combo! The edamame is missing from the ingredient list, so I just added as much as I wanted. I used black beans from my garden instead of canned and green onions instead of red (I'm not crazy about raw onions). I did find the seasoning to be lacking - I doubled the vinegar, added some fresh basil, and served with some good quality sea salt.