Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dip that you bake with shredded cheddar cheese melted on top. I tried it once with mozarella cheese, but it was too hard to scoop through the cheese.
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- chopped green chili (optional)
- 350 ml salsa (medium or mild)
- 250 ml nonfat sour cream (1 cup)
- 6 ounces light cheddar cheese, grated
- baked corn tortilla chips
- Drain and mash black beans leaving some whole.
- Add chillies(you can add a bit of the juice for extra flavour), salsa, sour cream and half the grated cheese.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into medium sized baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with plain tortilla chips.
We love to serve dips when we have company gather. This delightful dip impressed everyone. You know they are impressed when the dish is empty and you get recipe requests! A sure sign you have a winner on hand. Highly recommend this one to others who love black bean and salsa dips.
And the crowd went wild over this great black bean dup. The only thing wrong is that I should have DOUBLED the recipe....it was gone in a flash and everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy dip, Cookie In Ontario.
Made this last night for the Super Bowl and it was a big hit. I did not have green chiles so I diced up 1 chipotle pepper in adobo. This was very delicious and had wonderful flavor. Will definitely make this again. Thanks Cookie!