Recipe by Cookie in Ontario
A dip that you bake with shredded cheddar cheese melted on top. I tried it once with mozarella cheese, but it was too hard to scoop through the cheese.
Top Review by Gerry
We love to serve dips when we have company gather. This delightful dip impressed everyone. You know they are impressed when the dish is empty and you get recipe requests! A sure sign you have a winner on hand. Highly recommend this one to others who love black bean and salsa dips.
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- chopped green chili (optional)
- 350 ml salsa (medium or mild)
- 250 ml nonfat sour cream (1 cup)
- 6 ounces light cheddar cheese, grated
- baked corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and mash black beans leaving some whole.
- Add chillies(you can add a bit of the juice for extra flavour), salsa, sour cream and half the grated cheese.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into medium sized baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with plain tortilla chips.