Low fat black bean Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips or cracker
- Place jalapenoes, onion, garlic, and beans in food processor.
- Cover and blend on medium high speed until almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into bowl.
- Stir in yogurt, cumin, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled or heat in a 1 1/2 qt.
- saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I live in Omaha NE and am an audiologist at Boys Town National Research Hospital. I love to cook, as does my husband Michael. In the summer, we have a large garden and try to use alot of fresh fruits/veggies in our cooking. We have a 5 year old daughter, Kate and almost 2 year old son Sam and enjoy introducing them to new foods. One of their favorites is fresh pesto smeared on crackers!"
Join The Conversation
This was a really yummy, spicy dip that went very well with raw veggie sticks. I luved the addition of cumin and the heat from the jalapeno. Next time I will add a little more beans or reduce the amount of yogurt used as I like my dips to be rather thick. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful keeper with us, Kimke!