Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found these on the Betty Crocker web site and changed it a little after reading the reviews on that site. Came out awesome!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter, both sugars, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
WOW! These ARE good! I was out of flour and I thought I could remember a bisquick recipe that we used when I was growing up. This is it! A great recipe with less butter than most.
Can't give this a complete rating since I cut the recipe in half, messed up and put double the amount of chocolate chips, and undercooked them. They came out ugly, but very good. My bf loved them.
After years of making/baking chocolate chip cookies for my grandchildren with my mother's (burnt on the bottom) recipe , I decided to try the bisquick recipe. They are delicious and my grandchildren think so too! However, they still think I am using one of my mother's favorite recipes..I'll give them the recipe signed with MY NAME..The truth is out of the bag!