1/1 Photo of Big Fruit Salad
After an OVERLY hearty, boring, rich, oily meat and potatoes kind of meal I really truly feel that everyone only wants one thing; something that's not overly hearty, boring, rich, and oily! That is why I made this dessert salad that is also a great snack, bunch, and even a full lunch sometimes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the 2 melons in half, then scrap out the innards.
- 2Cut into 1/4's then 1/8's.
- 3Fillet from the skin and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 4Toss into a BIG mixing bowl.
- 5Peel the mangoes and cut from the core then cut the two bigger pieces in half and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 6Toss into the BIG mixing bowl.
- 7Wash the berries, and cut the tops off the strawberries and cut the big ones into halves of quarters.
- 8Toss into the BIG mixing bowl, then toss all the ingredients together.
- 9Peel and slice the kiwis into 1/4-inch rounds and place around the edges of the bowl for presentation.
- 10On the small holed side of your cheese grater (or with a micro plane), zest 2 of the limes and then place the zest in a small bowl.
- 11Juice all 4 of the limes into the bowl with the zest and then whisk in the sugar.
- 12Pour over the fruit salad and let sit for at least 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g