Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These turn out big, like the kind you find in bakeries. I've also added peanut M&M's for a more special cookie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F; grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of mixer, cream together butter, Crisco, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk, and mix until light and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture until just blended.
- With a wooden spoon mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop dough by the 1/4 cup, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
I made these cookies as a treat for my daughter and I have to say that this recipe came out better than any chocolate cookie recipe I have ever tried. The cookies were just the right consistency of chewy and crispy. They were just like bakery cookies! The only thing I might change next time is the amount of vanilla. The taste of vanilla seemed a little too much for me. I like the idea of adding a little almond extract and I'll try that next time. Thanks for a great recipe!!!
Oh me Oh My!!! Let first start off my saying T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U. I am so not a baker. I can make frozen cookies to safe my life. But I trying to tach myself how to cook better and baker. SO making homemade cookies. Is a big step up for me. Your instructions are sooooooo easy, I love the ingredients. I didnt use nuts cause I was making em for my hunee and he just likes original choco cookies. But they look amazing i used vegetable shorten cause that's what i had on hand. but follow everything else to the T. YUMMMY. THANKS again
These truly are excellent cookies! This recipe is very similar to another one here at 'zaar, except this one uses Crisco. The Crsico makes the cookie just a bit crisper rather than chewy. Sometimes my family wants crispy and sometimes they want chewy, so now I can keep them all happy! I added 1/2 tsp. almond extract for extra flavor. Perfect! Thanks for sharing!