Recipe by Luv4food
These turn out big, like the kind you find in bakeries. I've also added peanut M&M's for a more special cookie.
Top Review by Michelle in the Middle
I made these cookies as a treat for my daughter and I have to say that this recipe came out better than any chocolate cookie recipe I have ever tried. The cookies were just the right consistency of chewy and crispy. They were just like bakery cookies! The only thing I might change next time is the amount of vanilla. The taste of vanilla seemed a little too much for me. I like the idea of adding a little almond extract and I'll try that next time. Thanks for a great recipe!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F; grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of mixer, cream together butter, Crisco, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk, and mix until light and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture until just blended.
- With a wooden spoon mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop dough by the 1/4 cup, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.