Big Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate or (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts, chopped
- granulated sugar
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl of an electric mixer, until creamy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, and nuts; mix well.
- Shape each cookie by spooning dough into a 1/2-cup measure, level off, and turn out onto a greased baking sheet. Space cookies a minimum of 6 inches apart and 2 1/2 from edge of baking sheet.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a pie pan, dip in granulated sugar, and use to flatten each cookie into a 5 1/2-inch circle. To even each cookie's thickness, press it lightly with your finger, if necessary.
- Bake in a 350 degree farenheit oven for about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on baking sheets and allow to cool for 5 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic cookies!!! I didn't make the big cookies, as it was just for us at home. I made 9 cookies without the pecans (for DS) and then about 2 dozen with the works. Loved all the different textures and flavors from the oats, nuts and different flavored chips. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.