Cheryl's Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by senseicheryl
- Ready In:
5 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I don't use these because of possible allergies) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts, if you are using them.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. I use my Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop for this. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!