Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that starts with a cake mix so it goes together really fast. The texture is lighter than most pound cakes. Top it with some fruit, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nuts, or a little bit of everything or anything. It's good for those unexpected guests since it goes together so quickly. I found this on the Betty Crocker site.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxsuper moist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- Mix all ingredients, except powdered sugar on low for 1 minute.
- Beat on high 2 more minutes until thickened and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 38-43 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Then turn upside down on a wire rack and remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top if desired.
I added a tsp. each of almond and coconut flavoring, and put some sliced almonds and coconut in the bundt pan before I poured the batter in. I didn't have a yellow cake mix, so I used white but it turned out beautiful and decadent. Served with strawberry sauce. Will post pics later!
Let me preface this by saying that I really do not like cake at all. However--this cake was stunningly superb. It had good flavour and great consistency. We dipped it in chocolate fondue, but it was also amazingly delicious on its own. I used 1 stick of butter, melted, plus enough milk to make a total of one cup. This made the cake extra rich. I also used 4 ounces of cream cheese instead of 3. This is an excellent cake that I will definitely make again!
I made this today to go with some strawberries that I had found at a really good price. The cake mix made it really easy and quick to assemble. It was very moist. Thanks for a great recipe that I am sure to make again real soon!