Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had to get this recipe from my mother in law as it was the only way my husband would eat carrots. It was then that I discovered why and now it’s the only way either of us will eat them!
- Place carrots in a saucepan and pour in just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain water from pan.
- Add butter and brown sugar to the carrots and stir to dissolve.
- Simmer for approximately another ten minutes over medium-high heat until the carrots look glazed (keep up the occasional stirring).
- I like to sprinkle with a little salt when serving.
Made these for a luncheon today, and everyone raved about them! I was short on time with the amount I needed to make so I used and electric pressure cooker on high for 7 min. I used a little honey with my brown sugar and butter and poured that over them in a small slow cooker to keep them warm for the lunch. Amazing! I would probably shorten the pressure cooker time to 5 min next time!
Sorry to be so late reviewing these. I made them for Thanksgiving and boy were they good. I used frozed carrot slices and they were so easy. I'll definitely do them again, thanks!
I love these carrots and so does my family. I simmer these carrots on low for a while before serving so they really get soft and flavorful!