Glazed Carrots (Carottes Vichy)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (or chopped parsley)
- In a medium, shallow saucepan, add carrots, sugar, butter, salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are almost tender.
- Turn up heat to boil rapidly until all the liquid has evaporated to form a shiny glaze. Toward the end of cooking time, watch carefully so sugar does not caramelize. Taste for seasoning.
- Just before serving, add chopped mint or parsley; toss. Spoon into a serving dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made as written for your most recent Football Pool win - We eat carrots a lot & esp liked your version. They were a tasty, easy-fix & an unexpected way to use my balcony-grown & thriving fresh mint. Served w/fish fillets & baby potatoes, these carrots were a big success. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us & CONGRATS for continuing your winning ways in the Football Pool.