Pan Seared Pork Chops With Glazed Carrots
- Ready In:
- 2 pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, center cut (or steaks)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 orange, juice of
- Preheat oven to 425°F Dredge the pork chops (or steaks) in the spices (except oil). Let them sit for about 30 minutes to absorb the flavor of the spices.
- Heat frying pan (that is oven safe) over medium high heat with the oil. Place the chops/steaks into the heated pan and sear until golden brown (about 5 minutes each side).
- Cut carrots into thin slices and toss them in a bowl with the thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the carrots to the saute pan with the pork chops.
- Place the saute pan into the oven for about 10 minutes or until chops are cooked thru.
- Remove the chops/steaks from the pan onto serving plates, and leaving the carrots, deglaze the pan with the orange juice.
- Place carrots atop the chops and drizzle with glaze.
Join The Conversation