Balsamic Pan Seared Pork Chops
photo by Kay D.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium cut pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Season chops lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan to HOT.
- Spread mustard on ONE side of each chop, lightly dust that side with flour Sear mustard side of chops in pan for 6 minutes.
- Turn and sear for same time, remove to platter.
- Add onion, tomato, mushrooms, butter - stir 'till onions are cooked, but still crunchy.
- Add balsamic and stir for one minute.
- Pour skillet contents over pork chops and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe has good points and not so good points. The sauce was very good however a little to sharp tasting. I know it's because of the balsamic vinegar so next time I will simmer it a little longer. I followed the recipe to the tee with the searing but it didn't work very well. The 6 mins wasn't long enough (it was still pink) and to cook it a little longer just made it tough. I was thinking to tweak it a little and sear it a couple mins while sauteeing the veggies in another pan then combining all the ingredients and simmering for maybe 20 mins. That way the balsamic vinegar will reduce and the chops won't be so tough. We'll see how it comes out the next time.
see 7 more reviews