- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 tablespoons vermont grade b dark maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Boil lightly salted water.
- Peel and slice the carrots into 1-inch pieces then blanch for 3 minutes.
- If not using immediately, put into ice water to stop cooking.
- When ready to use, drain well and add to a sauté pan into which all other ingredients have been added.
- Cook until heated through and the syrup has formed a glaze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Nice combination of flavors, and a beautiful side dish! Served it for Christmas dinner alongside green beans with bacon/onions, baked vegetable stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry/orange/ginger sauce, and turkey cooked on the rotisserie. I used petite baby carrots (not sliced) and did not add the salt. Since my other dishes were ready before the carrots, I had to finish them in the microwave. No problem--they were delicious with dinner as as leftovers. Thanks Dancer for another great recipe.