This is such an easy recipe, but so tasty. I used to put it on the menu of the gastro pub where I worked-people used to phone us to see if it was on and reserve portions! Even my Pops loves this and he is impossibly critical!Hope you enjoy!!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- Blend together the tomato puree, yoghurt, garam masala, chili powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat oil and add tomato mixture-cook for approx 2 minutes-stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped chicken and a little cold water,and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add chilies, coriander and cream, stir in well and cook for a few minutes more. If the sauce is a little thick just add water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Serve with boiled rice and/or naan bread.
- N.B-This freezes well-sometimes I just make the sauce up and freeze little tubs of it.