1/20 Photos of Best Ever (And Most Versatile) Muffins!
These are wonderful for just throwing in your favorite ingredients---I don't need any other muffin recipes. Editing to add, based on a recent review: Be sure not to overmix muffins; if you do, they will be tough. They should still be lumpy when you are finished mixing them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- 2Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Make a well in the center.
- 4In a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork.
- 5Stir in milk and oil.
- 6Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
- 7Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat.
- 8The batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX. This will create tough/heavy muffins.
- 9Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- 10Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries.
- 11Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins.
- 12Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates.
- 13Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese.
- 14Bacon Muffins: Fold 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon, broken into bits.
- 15Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever (And Most Versatile) Muffins!
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g