Recipe by luvinmykids
Well, I was panicking over losing a well-liked chicken stroganoff and decided to "ad-lib" as I call it. The results were even better than the recipe that I had lost, so it's my new and improved replacement. Hope you enjoy as well as I do!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart microwave-safe dish, melt butter. (About 30 seconds on HIGH.).
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add dry onion soup mix, bouillon and cream of mushroom soup to melted butter and mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, stir and microwave another 1-2 minutes until bubbly.
- Stir in chicken and sour cream and microwave 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring halfway through. Serve with rice or desired type of pasta.