Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are SOOOOOOOOO yummy and freeze well too. My mom has been making them for years!
Make and share this Best Cheese Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns (diced, not shredded)
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 8 ounces Cheese Whiz
- 1 cup diced onion (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (I use light)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Stir all ingredients in baking dish. Bake uncovered on 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until the edges start to bubble.
I have made the "traditional" cheesy potatoes for years with the shredded cheese, but thought this looked worth a try. Well, I am so glad I did! Very creamy and tasty...my grown sons thought these won hands down! Thanks for the great variation! :)