This beautiful cake looks just like a gourmet pastry chef made it! It tastes yummy too, of course.
Make and share this Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add the butter to the sugar-flour mixture and cut with pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- To remaining mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, one egg and almond extract; blend well.
- Spread batter over bottom and up sides of pan 2 inches (batter should be 1/4 inch thick on sides).
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg; blend well.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Carefully spread preserves over all.
- Combine reserved crumbs and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Refrigerate leftovers.