1/1 Photo of Beet and Apple Salad
Sweet and creamy cooked dressing on a beautiful old fashioned salad. From a 1960 cookbook "Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking". I usually peel the apples and omit the nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apples, diced
- 2 cups beets, cooked and diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1For dressing, combine egg with sugar and beat well.
- 2Stir in flour and mustard.
- 3Add mixture to heated water and vinegar in a small heavy saucepan.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thick, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7In a medium bowl, mix the 4 salad ingredients.
- 8Pour the cooled dressing over and mix well.
- 9Garnish with parsley and chopped nuts, as desired.
- 10Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g