Dried Beef Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sliced dried beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups raw small elbow macaroni
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased casserole.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, then serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an amateur foodie who loves to cook, something I only discovered in my mid-twenties. I never felt I had an aptitude for it, but when I started experimenting in the kitchen, I soon found I couldn't stop! Both of my parents cook--my father's background is Pennsylvania Dutch, and he (like his own father before him) makes huge pots of soups and stews that are "vonderful good." My mom is from the Deep South, and brought me up to use the Louisiana "Holy Trinity" of bell peppers, onions and celery in just about everything ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_trinity_(cuisine) ). I have a very adventurous palate and one of my favourite kinds of food is Middle Eastern. For two years, I kept to a vegetarian diet--I don't anymore, but I still don't eat a great deal of meat, especially if it isn't fish or poultry. UPDATE: I'm back on a largely vegetarian kick, supplemented every now and then by a bit of fish. I've just got a fantastic new blender, also, and I'm making heaps of healthy smoothies at home... all fruit will fall to my whirling blades!