Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from Quick and easy diabetic recipes for one. When I made this I didn't think it looked very appetizing but it tasted much better than it looks. I use wholemeal pasta for a bit extra fibre and be careful not to over cook the pasta as it's better for you if it's al denti. You can double the recipe for two but as I cook for one when DH is away with work this suits me just fine, hope you like it.
- 118.29 ml small macaroni noodles
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 113 g ground chuck
- 14.79 ml chopped onion
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml spice brown mustard
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried parsley
- Preheat oven 350/175 and spray a small oven proof dish with non stick spray.
- Cook the macaroni without salt until al denti and drain.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet, brown the chuck and pour off excess fat.
- Add onion and cook until soft and remove from the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into the dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Made this last night and it was pretty good. Hubby even liked it. Thanks !