Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A pressure cooker makes this much faster.
Make and share this Beef Tips on Rice - Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Place first five ingredients in a zip top bag and shake well to distribute. Add the beef cubes to the bag and shake until all are well covered. In a pressure cooker, brown the meat in the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the onions and the garlic to the the cooker and saute the onions while deglazing the pan. Once the onions turn translucent add the can of beef consommé and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the cooker and bring to pressure over medium heat. Cook 25 minutes and remove from heat. Once the pressure subsides open the lid and simmer until the proper consistency.
- Serve over rice.
Regarding NHevergreen's comment about "cooking it on medium pressure..", I believe what the recipe refers to is a non-electric Pressure Cooker and it's quite common to "bring the heat down" after the pressure cooker gets to the normal 15 psi. Electric Pressure Cookers take care of the pressure without having to reduce the stove heat.
Fantastic! I added a little red wine to the beef broth and a little more flour mixed with water at the end to thicken just a little more. This would work especially well if served with mashed potatoes.
This is a keeper. I added red wine. Quick, easy and flavorful. Thanks.