Recipe by Sue Lau
Adapted from a recipe by Sonia. Serve over brown rice or cooked soba noodles.
Top Review by Chef TraceyMae
I made this for the Feb 2009 Aus/Kiwi Swap. This is really tasty - which is what my DH said twice, while he was eating it. I served it over white rice (personal preference). This is a keeper!
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed and sliced thin
- 16 ounces mangoes, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce (can use Bill's Secret Teriyaki Marinade)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 cup steamed cooked brown rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tips and strings from snow peas and set aside until needed.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in butter in a large skillet for 2-3 minutes or until onions soften.
- Add beef and cook until browned, then add beef stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch with teriyaki sauce and set aside. Pour mixture into skillet and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in the mango chunks, snow peas and green onions, and cook until heated through.
- Serve over steamed brown rice.