Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Old family recipe
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into medium pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into medium pieces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, cut
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 lb) bag mixed vegetables (peas,corn, green beans)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 loaves medium round crusty bread
- Season the beef with Tony Chachiers's Creole Seasoning and salt& pepper.
- Dredge the beef with flour.
- Saute in Dutch oven in oil and butter till brown.
- Remove beef,saute the onion,celery,carrots garlic and muchrooms in the same oil until the onions become transparent.
- Remove ingredients and deglaze the Dutch oven with red wine.
- Put beef back in Dutch oven along with beef broth and ingredients that were sauted back in Dutch oven.
- Cover and put in 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Add rest of the ingredients in the last hour.
- Hollow out the bread and fill with the beef stew.