Recipe by Ozzy
Why not get your own little helpers to shape the meatballs for this really tasty meal loved by all ages! A cheap and easy mid week meal all the family will love.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 tablespoon pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 pint prepared gravy or 1 pint hot beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly or 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 tablespoons double cream or 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles (fresh or dried)
- freshly chopped sage leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat, seasoning, herbs and olives and shape into 12 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan and cook the meatballs in batches for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any juices run clear.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the meatballs and keep warm.
- Leave about 5ml of oil in the pan, add the gravy or stock and stir in redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and stir in the cream or creme fraiche, reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes before returning the meat balls to the pan.
- Serve the meatballs with the pasta and garnish with the sage leaves.