1/2 Photos of Beef Liver and Onions With White Wine
Gay Gilmore's Note:
I never thought I liked liver and onions until I learned how to make this in my Cooking Class.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag.
- 2Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in bag of seasonings to coat.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
- 5Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
- 6Transfer to side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- 7Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
- 8Add liver and sear 5 minutes until brown.
- 9Inside meat should be slightly pink.
- 10Return onions to pan til heated.
- 11Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
- 12Use stock and wine to deglaze pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
- 13Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Liver and Onions With White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 1507.3 mg
- Sodium 1045.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 111.5 g