Dee's Beef Liver and Onions
photo by kymgerberich
- Ready In:
- Cook bacon; remove bacon and set aside.
- Put sliced onion in the same frying pan and fry a little.
- Mix the flour and season salt together. Dredge liver in the flour mixture.
- Move onion over to the side.
- Add floured liver to the fry pan. Fry until brown on one side.
- Flip liver over and place onion on top.
- Brown on other side.
- Add 1 cup water; cover and simmer on low heat until gravy forms, about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great method for cooking liver and the taste is really good. However, the next time I make it, I will brown the liver on both sides, remove from the pan and make the gravy before replacing liver in it to simmer for the remaining time. The onions were so soft and tasty. I crumbled the crispy bacon and sprinkled it on top of the liver and onions before serving. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe...I will definitely use it many more times.
I have yet to make this so my 5 stars are for the reviewers. I will 1) soak the liver in milk, 2) will brown the liver on both sides, remove from the pan, and make the gravy before replacing liver in it to simmer for the remaining time, 3) serve it with mashed potatoes, and season it with salt, pepper, and whatever else i like.<br/><br/>What surprised me is that nobody commented on using only one Onion. I've made a pound of liver with three large onions and ran out of onions before finishing liver!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"