Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
another of Ron Kalenuiks creations that was to die for
Make and share this Beef in Red Wine Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1020.58 g sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml safflower oil
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms
- 44.37 ml finely diced carrots
- 44.37 ml finely diced celery
- 59.14 ml flour
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, sauté the beef in the butter and oil. Add the vegetables and continue to cook until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Simmer for 50 minutes covered.
- Serve over noodles.
This is a tasty dish; my husband enjoyed it. I did put in 8 oz. of mushrooms but otherwise followed the directions.
This was very easy to make....But it seemed that the sauce was a little bland to us...I added
a bay leaf and some worchestershire sauce to try and perk it up....
I did this with antelope and deer back straps... minus the veggies.. sorry but the sauce, meat and mushrooms don't need veggies.. especially if you have a side of them.. This is a keeper... Thanks blonder for posting... Even with wild game this is a must.. I served this over a brown and wild rice combo.. you can't go wrong with the the earthiness of the mushrooms and wild rice.. So very good and I agree with use good red wine... you only need half a cup, I used a whole cup.. and drank the rest of the bottle ... so this a no lose situation recipe.. lol