2 hrs 15 mins
This is from a cookbook called 1000 Great Recipes. This would be a wonderful dish to serve for St. Patrick’s Day, maybe with some mashed potatoes and steamed cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the beef in flour to coat.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan, then cook the beef in batches until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add the remaining oil to the pan, then cook the onions until well browned, adding the celery and carrots towards the end of the cooking time.
- 4Stir in the sugar, mustard, tomato puree, orange zest, Guinness and seasoning.
- 5Bring to a boil. Return the meat, and any juices in the bowl to the pan; add water, if necessary, so that the meat is covered.
- 6Cover the pan and cook gently for 2-2 ½ hours, until the meat is very tender.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef in Guinness
Serving Size: 1 (1240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 979.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: