Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I think this recipe came from a cookbook I got from the library.
- 1 slice bacon, cut unto squares
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks or 2 lbs round steaks, cubed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cook bacon in skillet until browned. Remove bacon.
- Coat beef with flour and brown on all sides in canola oil.
- Combine steak, bacon drippings, seasoning, garlic bouillon, and wine in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours. Add mushrooms.
- Dissolve corn starch in water. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Serve over noodles.
Fabulous! The only change I made was to add several slices of cooked bacon.