Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this one on the farmers almanac. Very Simple!
Make and share this Beef & Biscuit Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) canrefrigerator buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic salt. Let simmer.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; split each in half. Press 10 biscuit halves over the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the cheese with the sour cream and egg.
- Remove the meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon over the biscuit dough.
- Arrange the remaining biscuit halves on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
I really wanted to like this one but I just didn't. I think it was the tomatoe sauce and the cheese on top of the biscuit made it too hard. Sorry.........
A very tasty, mid-week supper, when time is short, the budget is tight, and the kids are hungry. Great comfort food. Leftovers are excellent, too...if there are any! Thanks for posting!! Alan
This meal was really good. I added a can of corn and a can of green beens to the beef mixture and made this a one meal dish. I fixed it for me, my 2 kids and my niece and newphew and we had some leftover. Thanks so much for sharing. Now that Fall is here and old man winter is knocking at the door, this will be a regular comfort food in my house. Made for PAC Fall/2008.